Organic Soba Noodles with Crispy Tofu, Kale and Cashews
- 2 serves soba noodles, cooked according to instructions
- The leaves off half a bunch of organic kale, stalks trimmed
- 1 cup baked pumpkin
- 120g organic firm tofu chopped into cubes
- 1 handful raw cashews
- 1/2 or whole an avocado (optional, I always add avo)
- 2 TBS soy sauce
- Coconut oil for frying
- 3 TBS sesame oil
- 1 TBS kejap manis
- 1/2 stevia stick
- 1 TBS lemon juice
- 2 TBS soy sauce
1. Whisk the dressing ingredients together and set aside.
2. Place the cooked soba noodles on a large platter. Then, heat a large fry pan with coconut oil and saute the kale until soft and wilted. Place on top of the soba noodles, along with the pumpkin.
3. Wipe the pan clean and add more coconut oil for frying. Heat the pan and add the tofu and cashews, along with 2 TBS soy sauce. Keep ingredients moving in pan so as not to burn and cook until crisp and golden. Add to the salad and drizzle with dressing.
Serves 2 generously.
Organic Wholemeal Pizza with Spinach, Pumpkin and Pinenuts
- 2 cups of organic wholemeal flour
- 1 sachet of yeast- approx 7g
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1 TBS of any dried herbs you have on hand- oregano, sage etc.
1. Place 1 cup of hot water into a bowl with the yeast and stir until yeast has dissolved. Sift in two cups of flour and mix/knead to form a dough. Add more water if required.
2. Roll dough into a ball, place back into bowl and cover with a tea towel for half an hour to rise.
3. Once dough has risen, roll out on a floured surface, adding more flour if required, into two large circles slightly larger than the pizza tray. Drape the dough over a well oiled pizza tray and roll down excess dough to create a crust.
- 1 jar of organic low sugar tomato paste
- 1 cup baked pumpkin
- 2 cups fresh washed spinach
- 2 TBS pine nuts
- 2 small cubes of feta
1. Generously spread tomato paste over pizza base, followed by the fresh spinach and then pumpkin. Sprinkle pine nuts over evenly and crumble feta over whole pizza.
2. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes on 200 degrees until golden.
Chickpea Curry with Organic Brown Rice
- 1 red onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 TBS ground cumin
- 1 TBS ground coriander
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 x 400g can tin of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 x 400g tinned organic tomatoes
- 1/4 cup organic coconut cream
- 1/2 sweet potato chopped into discs
- 1/2 head cauliflower chopped into florets
- 1/2 cup organic brown rice
- fresh coriander to top with
- organic natural yoghurt to top with
1. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and add the sweet potato. Boil for aound 5 minutes before adding the cauliflower. Cook until both are soft, around 10 minutes. Drain and set aside. Then, cook the brown rice according to the packet instructions.
2. Whilst the rice is cooking, heat a large fry pan with olive or coconut oil and add the onion and garlic, stirring until onion is soft and fragrant. Add all of the ground spices and cook for a minute or two.
3. Add the tomatoes, chickpeas and coconut cream, stirring to combine. Allow to simmer on a low heat for around 20 minutes. Then, stir in the garam masala and simmer for a further 10 minutes. Add the cooked vegetables and stir through.
4. Serve with brown rice and top with natural yoghurt and fresh coriander.
Roasted Pumpkin & Avocado Brown Rice Sushi
- 1 cup of cooked organic brown rice
- 1 cup cooked baked organic pumpkin cut into batons
- 1 ripe avocado sliced into batons
- pickled ginger
- 1 packet of Japanese Nori
- 2 TBS rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Stevia
1. In a bowl, combine the rice wine vinegar with the stevia. Then add to the cooked rice and mix with a fork.
2. Lay down the nori sheet, shiny side down on a sushi rolling mat.
3. Use slightly wet finger tips to spread the rice across the nori approx 1cm thick. Leave 3cm of bare nori at one end. Add pumpkin and avocado on the opposite end of the bare nori.
4. Using wet finger tips, roll the nori around the filling as per rolling instructions on nori packet.
5. Use a sharp knife and cut into pieces, using a gentle sawing motion.
6. Serve immediately with fresh ginger and soy sauce.
Makes 3 sheets of sushi, which makes 18 pieces.