Crusted Pumpkin Wedges
- 1 butternut pumpkin sliced in to wedges
- 1 cup of panko breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- a few sprigs of fresh thyme
- small handful of chopped parsley
- rind of one lemon
- 1/2 cup of shaved parmesan cheese
- 1 cup organic sour cream
- small handful of chopped dill
1. Mix all the ingredients (minus the pumpkin) in a bowl and set aside.
2. Brush the pumpkin wedges with olive oil, and sprinkle mixture generously over the pumpkin. Bake in the oven on 190 degrees for 24 minutes or until golden. Whilst pumpkin is baking, mix 1 cup of sour cream with a small handful of dill and set aside.
3. Serve pumpkin with sour cream on the side.
Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes
- ½ cup lemony almond quinoa (see recipe below)
- 1 ripe avocado mashed
- 2 TBS pepitas
- 3–4 TBS home made tzatziki
- handful of fresh rocket
- approx. 10 pitted kalamata olives
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Wash sweet potato and place on a lined baking tray. Bake in the oven for around 45 minutes.
2. Whilst potato is baking, prepare toppings.
3. Once potatoes are cooked, slice in the middle and top with preferred ingredients.
Serves 2 generously.
LEMONY ALMOND QUINOA
- ½ cup cooked quinoa ( I use tri purely because I like the colour)
- rind from ½ lemon
- 1 TBS organic sultanas
- 1 TBS slivered almonds
1. Stir all of the ingredients together. Season with salt and pepper
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 small zucchini
- 1TBS olive oil
- sea salt to season
1. Slice and drizzle with olive oil and salt. Bake in the oven on 180 degrees until tender.
- 1 cup organic natural yoghurt
- juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 small cucumber diced
1. Mix in a bowl and stir to combine.
Sweet Potato Wedges
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes, washed
- a few sprigs of fresh rosemary
- olive oil
- pinch of sea salt
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees. Slice the sweet potatoes into wedges and place on a lined baking tray. Toss in 2 TBS of olive oil, rosemary and sea salt.
2. Place in the oven for at least 45 minutes until cooked through. Then, turn up the temperature to 220 degrees and blast for 5-10 minutes until wedges crisp.
Middle Eastern Salad with Lemon Yoghurt Dressing
- 2 handfuls of fresh rocket
- approx. 300g baked pumpkin
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced into batons
- 1 cup cooked organic cous cous
- 2 TBS pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 1 handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 handful of fresh dill, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 300g organic lamb back strap, roasted until tender, sliced and layered underneath yoghurt dressing
- 1 cup of natural yoghurt (no added sugar)
- juice from half a small lemon
1. Layer the rocket, couscous, cucumber, pumpkin and nuts on a large dish.
2. Combine yoghurt and lemon juice and drizzle over salad. Scatter parsley and dill on top.
Serves 4 as a side salad, or 2 as a meal.